WHITELION BAIL OUT
Event: Whitelion Bail Out
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth
Year: Since 2006
King Performance Events has designed, developed and delivered Whitelion’s annual and most important fundraising event – the Bail Out – since 2006. The event has grown from a single annual Bail Out within the Old Melbourne Gaol, to a truly national campaign with Bail Out’s now held in Victoria, NSW, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
Bail Out fundraisers, known as inmates, are summonsed to step behind bars and into the shoes of a young person that has been disconnected from our community due to abuse, neglect, drug addiction and poverty.
Inmates have one cell, one phone and a target of one thousand dollars to Bail Out. The event also incorporates a ‘parole party’ at some of the locations and thrives on being theatrical, unique and cutting edge.
- Raised almost $8 million dollars for Whitelion since 2006
- Winner of the Fundraising Institute of Australia (FIA) Best Special Event three years running
- Successfully delivered five events nationally in five weeks
- Secured national partners and sponsorships
- Over 500 participations in 2017